Sunday, 8 October 2017

Ma'am for the 50th time we cannot give you your sons password.

LTL FTP, etc.This happened last year, but a recent post elsewhere sparked the memory

Little Background: I work IT at my college, usually I work in back so I don't have to deal with people, but once a week I get to grace the helpdesk. My school gives it's students a lot of privacy and they can decide what the school can release to other people when they come for orientation, it ranges from we're an open book to we can't verify the students existance. This student selected, we cannot verfy his existance which applies to everyone that is not an immediate family member.

So be me, bored out of my skull watching the minutes tick by of the last 5 minutes of my shift, ready to get dinner. I get a call from whom shall be known as $apache (very agressive helicopter parent, hence attack helicopter).

$me: Thank you for calling $myschool ITS help desk how can I help you

$apache: Hello! My name is $Apache and my son goes to the school, but is having trouble logging in to $ouronlinepanelforstudents can you give me his password?

$me: I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble however we do not keep students passwords on record, however if he is having issues with it he can reset it online, call us, or come down to $buildingwe'rein to come get it fixed!

$apache: OK can I get it reset then? He really needs to get in

$Me: I'm sorry but it has to be him who asks to get it reset, I can't do it for anyone else

$apache: But I'm his mother, I can get it reset for him

$me: I'm sorry but it has to be him who comes and gets it reset, it can't be anyone else, even his immediate family

$apache: But I'm his mother, I've done everything for him

$me: I understand that, but college policy states that only the student can request a password reset

$apache: I'M HIS GODAMN MOTHER YOU INCOMPETANT PEICE OF SHIT, GIVE ME HIS GODAMN PASSWORD

At this point I know it's about to get fun, I look back at my manager, who is totally awesome and loves stuff like this, and signal her to get on the line and listen.

$me: I understand your frustration, however I can't go against college policy, I would reccomend that you call your son and tell him to call us to get is password reset.

$apache: NO, YOU LISTEN TO ME YOU LITTLE SHIT, IF YOU DON'T RESET $hersonandpersonIknow's PASSWORD RIGHT NOW, I'M GOING TO GET YOU FIRED

Her son was one of the guys who lived on my floor and I knew, but wasn't really friends with.

$me: Ok, let me talk to my manager and see what I can do.

I go back to my manager who is already smiling about this lady, and I tell her I know this guy and if it's alright to text him and let him know that his mom is on the phone asking to chage his password. Since its about his account she says go for it.

$me -> $myfriend: Yo buddy your mom is on the phone cursing me out cause I won't change your password, did you need it reset?

$myfriend: What no. I know my password, why is she calling you?

$me: She's saying you forgot your password and is now going off the walls, I put her on hold and I'm sure she's steaming at this point

$myfriend: Wait, what's her name?

$me: $apache

$myfriend: lol that's not even my mom it's my stepmom.

If you remember from the very beginning this student had selected the "I dont exist to the outside world" privacy package, so now we could have even more fun with the attack helicopter parent

back on the phone

$me: Hello $apache?

$apache: Yes! What took you so long!!

$me: Sorry I was just looking over some information and I don't see you on our files anywhere being related to any of our students.

$apache: So what! I just want my sons pasword!

$me: I'm sorry, but we have parents of our students on record and youre not on any of them

$apache: $student is my step-son! That's a son!

$me: I'm sorry, we can't release any information at all to anyone that's not an immeditate family member.

$apache: He goes to the school and I'm his mother! Give me his password!

$me: I'm sorry I cannot verify $student's enrollment at our school.

$apache: WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN YOU LITTLE SHIT, I'M GOING TO HAVE YOU FIRED.

At this point my manager is giving me the "cut the call" sign so I just tell her:

$me: I'm sorry I couldnt be more help, thank you for calling $school. Have a nice rest of your day

$apache: DON'T HANG UP ON ME YOU LITTLE SH- click

It was now 5:04, 4 minutes past the end of my shift so I get up and leave. Apparently she called back 5 minutes later and went balistic on one of the other nerds who works at the desk.

submitted by /u/TacticalBastard to r/talesfromtechsupport
[link] [comments]

from reddit: the front page of the internet http://ift.tt/2glmL0v

No comments:

Post a Comment